As we approach the end of the year, and the beginning of a new decade, I’ve been looking back on the last 12 months. Despite its challenges, 2019 has been an important year which has given me lots of opportunities to learn about myself, strengthen my relationships and realise what I’m capable of achieving.
This year has been a mixed bag in terms of events. However, even the hard parts, such as saying goodbye to my grandfather following a short battle with cancer and being made unexpectedly redundant, have allowed me to really appreciate and put time into relationships with my family, and take time out to work on myself and my interests. 2019 has also seen me travel, write, make new friends and push myself outside of my comfort zone so I’m grateful for that.
I thought it would be fun to look back on some of my favourite memories of 2019 in number and picture form, so here we go!
2019 in Numbers
- 3 photo shoots (and a new friend in the process!) with Madi
- 2 solo trips to Venice and Barcelona
- 6 new tattoos (by Zak, Jelle Soos, Debbie Jones and Adam K)
- 20 books read (check the list here!)
- 60+ blog posts written
- 1 week spent in Copenhagen
- 24 train journeys made
- 73 hours of music and 15 artists listened to on Apple Music
- 5 gigs (Mastodon, All Points East, Thrice, Sigrid & Marina) and 1 live podcast (Redhanded)
- 1 new travel buddy (We met in Venice, have been to Bristol & are planning a trip to Portugal)
- 1 rekindled friendship (with one of my oldest, best friends)
2019 in Pictures
Happy New Year!
I hope 2019 was good to you and that 2020 will be even better. Thank you for reading my blog whether this is your first time here, or you regularly take a look at my posts. I really appreciate it and I’m looking forward to writing more in the next 12 months.