I think it goes without saying that 2020 has been a hard, strange and scary year. We could never have anticipated how the last 12 months were going to play out. So, whilst I think it’s important to recognise the challenges of this last year, I still want to celebrate all the positives that have come out of it too!
Amongst the difficult times, 2020 has really emphasised, for me, the importance of relationships, both with family and friends, the value of creative pursuits and reading, the joy of time spent outdoors with nature, and the significant role each individual plays in both their community and the wider world – whether that’s keeping yourself and others safe, or supporting causes that you believe in.
Looking back, I wanted to share some of my favourite things that have happened and that I have enjoyed, in number and photo form. So, here we go!
My Year in Numbers
- 92 books read (see my top reads of the year here)
- 70 hours of music on Apple Music and 101 artists listened to
- 129 hours spent listening to audio books
- 4 top artists of the year: BMTH, Hayley Williams, PVRIS and Another Sky
- 4 new places visited (Dublin, Porto, Llanelli Wetlands and Llandeilo)
- 14.5 hours of guided meditation (on the Calm app)
- 2 gigs (Kevin Devine, Tom Jenkins) and 1 poetry reading (James Dean Bradfield)
- 1 theatre show (Ghost Stories)
- 1 podcast recording (I featured on episode 10 of Travel Goals Podcast)
- 50 blog posts published
- 2 new book clubs joined (Cardiff Feminist Book Club and Women’s Writes)
- 3 pieces of writing published (online and in print)
- 1 Book Babes group and lots of new friends!
My Year in Photos
I hope you’re able to look back on the year and find some positives, but if not then I hope that 2021 will be a better year for you and for all of us. Stay safe, and happy new year!